Writing is my therapy. I have never found anything so therapeutic as writing. Writing has provided me with an outlet for my emotional pain and suffering. It has allowed me to make sense of my own confusing thoughts and emotions. Best of all, writing is free, private, and non-judgmental.
I encourage everyone to try Writing Therapy. There is no right or wrong way to do it. There are no rules or instructions. Just find something that works for you.
Here are some great resources on the topic of Writing Therapy:
- Write Yourself Well (Psychology Today)
- Expressive Writing: Connections to Physical and Mental Health (James W. Pennebaker and Cindy K. Chung)
- Emotional and Physical Health Benefits of Expressive Writing (Karen A. Baikie and Kay Wilhelm)
- Write as Rain, Written Word Therapy Blog
- Centre for Journal Therapy (Kay Adams)
- National Association for Poetry Therapy
- International Federation for Biblio/Poetry Therapy